For the best experience, please access this on your desktop computer.
Dragons’ Den is calling on all aspiring entrepreneurs to present their business pitches for a chance to be featured next season on CBC. Beginning in Toronto on March 2, the audition tour will be open to the public, as producers hit the road visiting Canadian cities coast-to- coast in search of the country’s best business ideas in need of a Dragon investment.
The audition tour welcomes participants of all ages with businesses at any stage of development. Hopeful entrepreneurs should prepare to pitch their concept to the Dragons’ Den producers in five minutes or less. If they show the producers they have what it takes to pitch in the Den, they could be invited to Toronto to face the Dragons.
- Must read: Audition cheat sheet»
While attendance at the audition tour is not mandatory, in order to better your chances for being selected to appear on the show, we encourage you to come out and audition!
Producers will be on the lookout for entrepreneurs in the following cities. Check back here for venue details closer to the dates as they may change.
- March 2 — Toronto, Ont. (CBC Toronto, 25 John St. from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- March 6 — Waterloo, Ont. (Mike and Ophelia Lazaridis Quantum-Nano Centre, 200 University Ave. W. from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- March 6 — Edmonton, Alta. (CBC Edmonton, 10062 102 Ave. #123 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- March 7 — Victoria, B.C. (Parkside Hotel, 810 Humboldt St. from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- March 8 — Ottawa, Ont. (Courtyard by Marriott Ottawa Downtown, 350 Dalhousie St. from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- March 8 & 9 — Calgary, Alta. (Sandman Hotel Calgary City Centre, 888 7 Ave. S.W. from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- March 9 — Barrie, Ont. (Georgian College: Advanced Technology Centre, 1 Georgian Dr. from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- March 9 & 10 — Vancouver, B.C. (British Columbia Institute of Technology, 555 Seymour St. from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- March 14 — Kelowna, B.C. (The Innovation Centre, 460 Doyle Ave. from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- March 14 — Fredericton, N.B. (Crowne Plaza Hotel, 659 Queen St. from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- March 15 — Charlottetown, P.E.I. (Startup Zone, 31 Queen St. from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- March 16 — Abbotsford, B.C. (Quality Hotel Abbotsford Conference Centre, 36035 North Parallel Rd. from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- March 16 — Hamilton, Ont. (Mohawk College, 135 Fennell Ave. W. from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- March 16 — Halifax, N.S. (Centre for Entrepreneurship Education and Development, 7071 Bayers Rd. #225 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- March 20 — Regina, Sask. (Double Tree by Hilton Regina, 1975 Broad St. from 10 a.m. to 3p.m.)
- March 20 — Oshawa, Ont. (Durham College: Student Services Building, 2000 Simcoe St. from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- March 21 — Saskatoon, Sask. (Co.Labs, 116 Research Dr. suite 229 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- March 22 — Kingston, Ont. (Ambassador Hotel, 1550 Princess St. from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- March 23 — Winnipeg, Man. (CBC Manitoba, 541 Portage Ave. from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- March 23 — Niagara, Ont. (Scotiabank Convention Centre, 6815 Stanley Ave. from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- March 23 & 24 — Montreal, Que. (Cinémas Guzzo – Marché Central, 901 Boulevard Crémazie O. from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- March 27 — Collingwood, Ont. (Blue Mountain Inn Conference Centre, 110 Jozo Weider Blvd. from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- March 30 — Toronto, Ont. (CBC Toronto, 25 John St. from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Can’t make it to our in-person auditions? You can apply online, too!
DESJARDINS GOODSPARK PROGRAM
New in this upcoming season, we’re partnering with Desjardins to look for social entrepreneurs who are working hard to support Canadian youth! Young Canadians are an important part of our future and Desjardins is committed to supporting youth and their goals for a more prosperous future.
If you’re a social entrepreneur who has an idea that will positively impact young Canadians (up to 30 years old), we want to hear from you! Specifically, your social venture will need to address four key areas:
- Employment and entrepreneurship
- Health and healthy living
- Social engagement
Socially responsible business plays an important role for our future and we want to hear how your social venture will “spark good” for young Canadians and our community.
Comments are closed.