- This event has passed.
Summer Company 2019 Application Info Session
May 2 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
he YSBEC office will be running a group session to help you navigate the Summer Company application process. This session will walk you through the application process step-by-step, making business plan-writing easy for anyone!
We will explore the core sections typically included in a business plan:
- Business Plan Writing: Gain an understanding of the key components of writing a meaningful business plan and how each section connects to one another to tell a compelling story about why your business will be successful, and how you will get there doing it!
- Cashflow Forecasting: Budgeting the start-up cost, creating realistic cashflow projection and revenue forecast, understanding how your written business plan ties in to your budget and projected revenue.
- Summer Company Online Platform (SCREEN) Navigating
These sessions are limited to a small group to allow for questions and answers.
The sessions are:
- Wednesday, April 3 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 9 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 25 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 2 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 7 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, May 9 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
If these dates don’t work for you and you are needing assistance with your application, please feel free to contact us.
Please keep in mind the deadline to submit your completed Summer Company application to YSBEC is May 19, 2019 or when our available spots are full, whichever is first.
Applying to Summer Company is a competitive process as space is limited. Once your application is complete and submitted to YSBEC, you may be invited for an interview for consideration for the program. Submitting an application to the program at YSBEC does not guarantee you an interview or placement in the program.
Summer Company is a program of the government of Ontario that helps young people between 15 and 29 years old start and run their own summer business by providing funding, advice and services. If accepted into the program, you could receive an award of up to $3,000.Register Here
The York Small Business Enterprise Centre (YSBEC) reserves the right to photograph at its events, seminars and workshops.
By registering for or attending any YSBEC’s events, seminars and workshops, you understand and acknowledge that you may be photographed and your image, likeness, video and/or any interview statements may be used at YSBEC’s discretion. Photos may be used for a variety of marketing purposes in assorted media, including but not limited to website, electronic communications and publications.