Digital Main Street is a free program that helps small main street businesses better promote themselves online and adopt digital tools and technology. There are two main streams in the program:
- Digital Service Squad
- Digital Transformation Grant
The Digital Service Squad is a highly-trained team of digital marketing specialists working with main street small businesses like yours to help enhance their digital tools and online presence. In addition, they provide advice and recommendations to streamline your business operations and can help you with your application for the Digital Main Street Transformation Grant (see below) to support digital projects.
This program is being run in partnership with the Markham Small Business Centre, Richmond Hill Small Business Enterprise Centre and Vaughan Business Enterprise Centre.
How Does It Work?
The squad will visit your business and provide you with program and contact information. This visit can include:
- Digital Assessment and audit of your digital presence
- Assistance with website set-up and optimization, social media, point of sale systems, email marketing, inventory management and more
- One-on-one consultation to assist in building a wish list of priority items that you want to work on
- Review of your Google My Business (GMB) profile and taking a 360-degree photo to add to your GMB profile
- Information on upcoming learning opportunities
- Free tools and resources
The Digital Transformation Grant is a one-time grant of $2,500 to help with costs of adopting the technology to help your business go digital. Every business that wants to participate in the grant must first take an online assessment of their current technology use. Based on the assessment, the business will then develop a Digital Transformation Plan based on a template that will be provided which will detail their goals and what technologies they need to achieve those goals. Questions about the Digital Transformation Grant should be communicated directly with Digital Main Street, as the York Small Business Enterprise Centre is currently only offering Digital Service Squad support.