Applications are being accepted in a limited capacity. As program spaces delegated to other municipalities are now full, currently only businesses located within the Towns of Aurora or East Gwillimbury can apply for this round of the program. However, our core services remain available to all businesses in the northern six municipalities of York Region, including Aurora, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, King, Newmarket and Whitchurch-Stouffville. We anticipate future programs to be launched later this year. Subscribe to our e-newsletter to stay up-to-date on announcements, and you can also find other supports on our COVID-19 business resource page.
York Region COVID-19 Small Business Recovery Support Program
Are you an existing business with a brick and mortar location? Was your business affected by COVID-19 and is experiencing a loss in revenue? The York Region COVID-19 Small Business Recovery Support Program (BRSP) is here to help.
The program provides free training and mentoring opportunities to help local businesses adapt to the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, it will also offer grants of up to $5,000 to help businesses adopt new tools, increase their online presence and implement your new business strategy.
What you can receive:
- Mentoring with a successful local entrepreneur
- Business training on topics ranging from creating and re-evaluating your brand, how can you effectively sell in this digital age, and COVID-19 recovery support
- Free business advisory services
- Business workshops and valuable networking opportunities
- Opportunity to apply for a grant of up to $5,000*
- Have not received a Starter Company or Starter Company Plus grant in the past
- For-profit business located in Aurora or East Gwillimbury (program spaces delegated to other municipalities are currently full)
- Not a commission based business or a franchise
- Not a not -for-profit or charitable enterprise
- Businesses must have been operating between one and five years
- Demonstrate a 30% reduction in revenue for the equivalent month in the previous year
- Operating a brick and mortar business
- Can demonstrate 25% cash or equivalent commitment to the business in the amount of $1,250
- Prepared to commit to monthly mentorship requirements for one hour a month for a minimum of three months
- Prepared to commit to the business training components of the program – 2 hours a week for 6 weeks
If approved for the grant, the eligible uses of funds include:
- Investments in development of new products or revenue streams
- Investments in enhancing digital presence of business (ie. executing digital marketing strategies, improvements or development of website)
- Hiring new employees
Funds from the program grant cannot be used:
- For the purchase or lease of a vehicle
- To service existing debts
- To make rent payments
- To cover general operating expenses
* The funding is considered taxable under the Canada and Ontario Income Tax Acts. A T4A slip will be issued to the recipient of the funding.
Fill out the form below and a member of the York Small Business Enterprise Centre will reach out and begin your application process. The deadline to apply is May 7, 2021.
For more information on this program, or if you’re having trouble with the form, please email email@example.com
The York Region COVID-19 Small Business Recovery Support Program is funded by Starter Company Plus, a Provincial entrepreneurship program that supports the establishment or expansion of small businesses. We thank the Province of Ontario for their support.