The application period has now closed. The next available program application period will be announced on social media and in our newsletter. Find other supports on our COVID-19 business resource page.
York Region COVID-19 Small Business Recovery Program
Are you an existing business with a brick and mortar location? Was your business affected by COVID-19 and is experiencing a loss in revenue? The York Region COVID-19 Small Business Recovery Support Program (BRSP) is here to help.
The program provides free training and mentoring opportunities to help local businesses adapt to the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, it will also offer grants of up to $5,000 to help businesses adopt new tools, increase their online presence and implement your new business strategy.
What you can receive:
- Mentoring with a successful local entrepreneur
- Business training on topics ranging from creating and re-evaluating your brand, how can you effectively sell in this digital age, and COVID-19 recovery support
- Free business advisory services
- Business workshops and valuable networking opportunities
- Opportunity to apply for a grant of up to $5,000*
- Have not received a Starter Company or Starter Company Plus grant in the past
- For-profit business located in Aurora, East Gwillimbury or Georgina (program spaces delegated to businesses in Newmarket are now full)
- Not a commission based business or a franchise
- Not a not -for-profit or charitable enterprise
- Businesses must have been operating between one and five years
- Demonstrate a 30% reduction in revenue for the equivalent month in the previous year
- Operating a brick and mortar business
- Can demonstrate 25% cash or equivalent commitment to the business in the amount of $1,250
- Prepared to commit to monthly mentorship requirements for one hour a month for a minimum of three months
- Prepared to commit to the business training components of the program – 2 hours a week for 6 weeks
If approved for the grant, the eligible uses of funds include:
- Investments in development of new products or revenue streams
- Investments in enhancing digital presence of business (ie. executing digital marketing strategies, improvements or development of website)
- Hiring new employees
Funds from the program grant cannot be used:
- For the purchase or lease of a vehicle
- To service existing debts
- To make rent payments
- To cover general operating expenses
* The funding is considered taxable under the Canada and Ontario Income Tax Acts. A T4A slip will be issued to the recipient of the funding.
For more information on this program, or if you’re having trouble with the form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The York Region COVID-19 Small Business Recovery Support Program is funded by Starter Company Plus, a Provincial entrepreneurship program that supports the establishment or expansion of small businesses. We thank the Province of Ontario for their support.