The York Small Business Enterprise Centre has opened the York Region COVID-19 Small Business Recovery Support Program for a second round of applications. The funding for this program, provided by The Regional Municipality of York, has been distributed throughout the region’s nine cities and towns in different ways as a result of a Regional Council decision made on June 25, 2020:
- If your business is located within the Towns of Aurora, East Gwillimbury, Georgina or Newmarket, you can apply directly through this webpage.
- If your business is located within the Cities of Markham. Richmond Hill or Vaughan, please reach out to their respective Small Business Enterprise Centres for a range of programs and support.
- If your business is located within the Township of King or the Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville, please reach out to their Economic Development Offices for more information.
Our core services remain available to all businesses in York Region.
York Region COVID-19 Small Business Recovery Program
Are you an existing business with a brick and mortar location? Was your business affected by COVID-19 and is experiencing a loss in revenue? The York Region COVID-19 Small Business Recovery Support Program (BRSP) is here to help.
The program provides free training and mentoring opportunities to help local businesses adapt to the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition, it will also offer grants of up to $5,000 to help businesses adopt new tools, increase their online presence and implement your new business strategy.
What you can receive:
- Mentoring with a successful local entrepreneur
- Business training on topics ranging from creating and re-evaluating your brand, how can you effectively sell in this digital age, and COVID-19 recovery support
- Free business advisory services
- Business workshops and valuable networking opportunities
- Opportunity to apply for a grant of up to $5,000*
- Have not received a Starter Company or Starter Company Plus grant in the past
- For-profit business located in Aurora, East Gwillimbury, Georgina or Newmarket
- Businesses must have been operating between one and five years
- Demonstrate a 30% reduction in revenue for the equivalent month in the previous year
- Operating a brick and mortar business
- Affected by COVID-19 and experiencing a loss in revenue
Check out our eligibility checklist for a full list of criteria.
* The funding is considered taxable under the Canada and Ontario Income Tax Acts. A T4A slip will be issued to the recipient of the funding.
Fill out the form below and a member of the York Small Business Enterprise Centre will reach out and begin your application process. The deadline to apply has been extended to Friday, September 30, 2020.
For more information on this program, or if you’re having trouble with the form, please email email@example.com
The York Region COVID-19 Small Business Recovery Support Program is funded by Starter Company Plus, a Provincial entrepreneurship program that supports the establishment or expansion of small businesses. We thank the Province of Ontario for their support.